Today, our American clients and friends are
prepping and traveling to celebrate Thanksgiving with their loved ones.
Here at eConverse's Canadian headquarters, we're looking forward to a
quiet week to catch up and recharge. Next week - it'll be full speed
ahead all the way through the rest of the holiday season. With the
craziness of the holidays, your community may get lost in the shuffle,
but here's a few seasonal ways to bring your members together over the
1. Decorate for the holidays: Update your site's images and logo to
something festive. You could even go so far as to change your community
colors to something more seasonal in the weeks leading up to the
2. Share your Traditions: I've seen some great threads with members
sharing the holiday traditions from their respective regions or
countries. It's a great way to learn, share and bring a more casual feel
to your community.
3. Automated Gifts: Use automation rules to email a short festive
greeting to members who have been active participants over the past
4. The Gift of Knowledge: Organize a "gift" exchange between members,
where the only gift they need to exchange is their favorite resource
for their industry/job with another member. These could be compiled into
one document and distributed to everyone.
5. New Year's Resolutions: Start a thread asking members to post
their professional New Year's resolutions as a way to keep each other
accountable. Occasionally over the year, post to the thread asking
people to update their progress.
6. Use the New Year as a time to do a mini campaign with messaging
that since it's a new year, it's a great time to take advantage of their
member benefits and commit themselves to their professional development
by taking part in the community.