Click on the user control name in the left column to view a live example of what the selected control does. Edit the parameters in the Standard Properties and User Control Parameters sections and watch the display change!
To apply a user control and parameters to a page on your Community site:
- Add a new content item to the page
- Give the content item a title, select the appropriate section and select the appropriate content visibility option
- Set the type of content to User Control
- Copy/paste the “User Control Name” from the Web Controls page on HUG to the “User Control class or path” field in the new content item on your Community site
- Copy/paste the parameters you’ve selected from the “Parameters to use for the above displayed user control” section on the Web Controls page on HUG to the “User Control Parameters” field in the new content item on your Community site
- Click Save
Webservices are used to display Higher Logic user controls and data on non-Higher Logic sites, such as your association’s main “www” site. Our webservices can be called directly from third party systems written in any programming language/environment.
Click on the “Web Service” link across from the User Control to view sample webservice requests and responses. The webservice URL is the URL for your Community site followed by /HigherLogic/[webservice name]. Using HUG as an example, the DirectoryWebServices would be http://hug.higherlogic.com/HigherLogic/DirectoryWebService.asmx
If you have any questions, please contact your Higher Logic Client Success Advisor (if you have not yet launched your Community site) or log a case via the HUG Support Portal
(if you have already launched your Community site).