This is the text I added to the My Subscriptions to explain all the settings and a work around for the lack of a weekly digest.
You must Join a Community to subscribe (receive email updates) to its Discussion Forum.
- "Real-Time" means you will receive an email each time a message is posted to that discussion forum.
- "Daily Digest" means you will receive one email including all the posts from that day. (If nothing is posted that day, you do not receive an email.
- "PDA" means you will receive an email "real-time" (each time a message is posted), but it will be formatted for hand held devices.
- "No Email" means that you no longer receive emails from the community discussion forum, but you can still login and post a message.
- "Unsubscribe" means you can see discussion forum messages, but you cannot post a message.
- "Weekly Digest" is NOT an option provided by our vendor. A work-around: Since all the digests come from email@example.com, you can create a mailbox rule to put all the digests from the discussion forums in a folder and review them at your convenience.
If you would like to opt-out of receiving occasional emails directly from the community leadership, go to My Preferences and edit the section "Email Opt Out."